Saturday, April 9, 2022

Improv Quilt Top.....Progress

 

I am making progress on this

Improv Quilt Top:


I completed the top last October

while attending a quilt retreat in Idaho

CLICK HERE to view




The top is pieced from my hand dyed fabrics.

These are improv blocks I played

with back in the Spring of 2020...





I incorporated solid strips of fabric

to calm the piece down a bit...





Just love the luscious lime borders...





I pawed through the fabric cupboards

and found this blue for the backing...





I plan to hang this quilt, so I chose

Quilters Dream Green batting.

The quilt will hang straight and flat on the wall.



I have decided to do wavy line quilting:


I have quilted wavy lines 

every 6 to 8 inches apart

across the top of the quilt...

this essentially bastes the layers together.





I will continue adding more wavy quilting lines

until I decide it is done...



I am out of time, 

so this is as far as I get for now:


This will have to wait until another day...



Our mama cows surprise us 

with new babies each day...

This is Golden Girl with her baby GoldiLox...

a chip off the old block !

We only have a couple of cows that

throw this beautiful blonde color.


CLICK HERE to view my Improv work


CLICK HERE to view Farming


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

#LuAnnKessi

4 comments:

  1. Love the improv quilt - you were right to add the solids, they make order out of what could have been chaos! As soon as I saw the picture, I knew it was Golden Girl - beautiful new baby!! The blessings of spring with farm animals!!! Love seeing pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Farm Quilter for your thoughtful comments! I dash out to the Thread Shed whenever I get some free time in between calving...fabric and cattle make me happy!

      Happy Spring To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Hey LuAnn,
    I love your work - it's so diverse! -and your stories. Is the elk still hanging out with the cattle?

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maggie,
      Good to hear from you again! Felix our yearling elk fed with the cattle in the pasture for about 3 months during the winter. He left about the first of March. He hooked up with an elk herd passing through. So glad we were able to experience his beauty so close up each morning as we fed the cattle....we won't soon forget him.

      Happy Spring,
      LuAnn

      Delete