Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Sewing Machine Covers...


I spent the day with friends creating

Sewing Machine Covers 


We were all gifted a pack of charm squares...

my charm squares are:

Stitched by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda Fabrics






I lined my cover with 

Pellon Fusible Flex Foam

to help it keep its shape...




It is FUN stitching through this foam !





Of course.....I had to make more than one !





This charm pack is

Home on the Range by Deb Strain





Machine quilting is done...

time to stitch the cover together.





The flex foam helps it stand up at attention !





I am taking this one home to use on

my Bernina in the Thread Shed...





We didn't use a pattern but you can probably

find  a sewing machine cover tutorial online.


We have 24 newborn calves on the ground

with lots more to go!

I will post images and videos as soon as I can.


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

6 comments:

  1. sew cute! love your fabric choices too. We're also in the middle of baby-calf season--actually almost done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Saska,
      Yes, it is calving season....it comes up quicker ever year it seems. We have just started, 29 calves on the ground as of today. It is good to make a new sewing machine cover and show our machines some love.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
    2. We had our first breech baby calf last week. The vet had a hard time getting it out. Poor Mama will have to try again next year. :(

      Delete
    3. Hi Saska,
      Yes, that is hard on everybody. As long as mama is still alive, there is fresh hope for next year.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Great sewing machine covers!! I don't know that a single pattern would work for sewing machine covers as there is so much variety in the length, width and height if machines. I made myself one with just measuring my machine...there is even a hole in the top for the handle. I think I'll make a flap that will cover the handle hole to help keep the dust off. Lots of calves - so fabulous and I'm looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to take care of our sweet machines! Yes, the calves keep on coming.....nearly 40 of them as of today.

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete