Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Floral Monet......2

 

Floral Monet.....1


Floral Monet 1 was completed in 2015.

I gave it away as a gift...


It was so gorgeous, 
I really missed having it around.


In 2016 my generous aunt cut out a 

Floral Monet kit

and gave it to me to piece together:


I pieced the top in 2016...





I put the borders on in 2017...

I basted the quilt sandwich in 2019...



Finally....here is Floral Monet 2

under the needle:


It is a very large lap quilt

so I am machine quilting it 

on the Sweet Sixteen...





In these dreary, gray, winter days...

this is a joy to work on !





I am quilting giant swirls and feathery plumes...





I quilted for about 7 hours...





I am nearly half way done...



We are busy again with the cows that

are calving now...

I hope to get back to this soon !


It won't be long and I can add this to my

Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE to view both Floral Monet Quilts


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. So bright and pretty! I can see why it will hard for you to part with it, but you will make someone very happy. Annick H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love mixing swirls with feathers - they work so well together! Glad you could spend some time in your Thread Shed with all the calves being born!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farm Quilter! Yes, feathers and swirls make us all happy! Things are quiet on the calving grounds the last few days. I was able to get out to the Thread Shed this afternoon and complete the machine quilting. Now to paw around and find a binding fabric in the cupboard.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. There really is no pattern. The block is a half log cabin block. The center square is light, then each strip added gets a little darker, until the final outside strips are black. Then the squares are set on point.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete