Saturday, March 19, 2022

Fabulous Finish....Number 6

 

I am adding another quilt to my

Fabulous Finishes 2022


Floral Monet 2





I finished up the machine quilting yesterday

on the Sweet Sixteen sit down long arm...





This quilt is all about the gorgeous fabrics.

I used yellow thread on the top

to blend in with the fabrics...





It is all trimmed and ready for binding...





Binding strips are cut 2 1/4 inches wide...





I am using my walking foot

to stitch on the binding...





The stitch in the ditch sole plate

helps keep the thread right next to the binding...





Here are the 3 sole plates for the walking foot:

Standard sole plate on left
Stitch in the Ditch sole plate in center
Open Toe sole plate on right





When I stitch from the top side,
the thread tucks in nicely
next to the binding...





Binding completed today...





That gorgeous rose fabric is also

on the back side of the quilt...





I gave away the first Floral Monet in 2015...

I think I will keep this one for myself.


CLICK HERE to view both Floral Monet Quilts


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

#LuAnnKessi

12 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and so is the quilting. Perfect design for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful!! Love the way you do your bindings - I never knew there were other feet to put on a walking foot!! I'll have to see if there is something for my walking foot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Farm Quilter,
      The stitch in the ditch sole plate for the walking foot did not come with it originally. I ordered it separately a couple years ago.

      Many Thanks,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful quilt!!!! Such a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning! All those gorgeous fabrics. Yes, you should keep this one! I will have to look at those extra pieces that came with my walking foot and see if I have that stitch in the ditch attachment. Your quilting looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jan for your very kind comment!

      Much Appreciated,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful quilt and a perfect binding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you so much Vicki!

      Happy Spring,
      LuAnn

      Delete