Thursday, February 3, 2022

Yo Yo.....Hand Piecing Project

 

How much FUN are these ?


I have been making Yo Yos 

for the last year or so...




I started stitching them together:


In the evenings I enjoy hand stitching...

I also take these along on road trips.





In the evenings I need some extra lighting

and this works very nicely...







It hangs around my neck and really

lights things up !



I carry the yo yos with me in this tote bag:


It is hand painted canvas 

that I stitched together

to make this sturdy tote...





For now, everything I need fits inside.

As the yo yo top gets bigger, I will need to 

switch to a larger tote bag...





I will keep stitching in the evenings...





and we can watch it grow !


CLICK HERE to view all Elk posts


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


4 comments:

  1. Vary cute!! How large are you planning to go for your yoyo quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Farm Quilter,
      How FUN are Yo Yos! I will probably make yo yos until I have burn out and can't do it any longer! I am hoping it will cover the top of the bed.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I've never been a yoyo maker. You quilt top looks very bright and colourful. For my hand piecing, rather than take the whole thing along, I take a bag of pieces and sew them together, then on an evening at home I attach the large piece to the whole, if that makes sense. It saves having to take a fast growing project with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loulee,
      Great minds think alike.....that is exactly what I do!

      Many thanks for your thoughtful comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete