Saturday, October 3, 2020

Seeding the Hay Field and Clive


We are finishing up the tractor work

in the bull field today... 


Clive is here...





Clive and Lewis




The field has been worked. All that is left to do
is fertilize and seed...


One Ton of Fertilizer on the trailer...







The Cowboy fills the fertilizer spreader...






Look closely, you can see the
fertilizer pellets spraying out of the back...






Fertilizer on the hay field...




After fertilizing, we are ready to plant the seed:


Oregon Grown....Grass Seed






The Cowboy fills up the grain drill 
with grass seed...






We are spreading 800 pounds of grass seed today...






We can drill seed for an hour 
before filling it up again...






The disks on the drill plant the seed in rows.
It took about 3 hours to plant the seed.






Clive kept us company 

until all of the work was done!


Enjoy the Video of Planting the Seed:

Be sure to click the Full Screen Icon



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the video of preparing and planting the hay field. I grew up on a small farm from the middle 40s through the late 60s. This brought back many fond memories of my mother and father. I loved to be out on the tractor or wagons with my father every chance I could. Also, many trips to the fields to take him a jug of water to drink. As an adult I would mow his fields when he no longer could. Enjoy your blog, too. I love it because you post about quilting and farming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello PymaGirl, Thank you for your very kind comments and for the memories you shared. So glad you are enjoying the blog. I enjoy sharing my life with you.

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Folks don't realize how much work it is maintaining a farm and farm animals. Love seeing you and hubby working the fields. I'm sure you are giving some of your readers an education!

    ReplyDelete