Thursday, October 15, 2020

English Paper Piecing....BIG Flowers

 

Remember these JUMBO fabric flowers ?


The flowers were created with some 
leftover hexagons from the quilt below...




I pieced two of these quilt tops three years ago.

I had orphan fabric covered hexagons
in the bottom of my sewing box.

Here it is three years later
and I am stitching on those hexagons again.




I have 30 hexy flowers finished so far...





I decided on lime green hexagons for the background...






Four different shades of lime green...



I cleaned off the design wall and started
pinning up hexagons...


I think the lime green is working 
in the background...





A few more hexagons on the wall...





I am trying to just slap them up on the wall
for now....the tweeking will come later.





I started to tweek them, but I am tired.

We spent the early morning fixing electric fence.
A herd of elk ran through the electric fence that surrounds the newly seeded hay field.
Our bulls took advantage of the fence being down
and tromped all through the wet and muddy field.

It is 6pm and I am calling it a day...



It is good to see the hexagons up on the wall...


 


When I have more time to play,

I will rearrange them, possibly cull some of them

and maybe even make some more.


Wishing you all a good evening.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Extra large is the only way I would do hexagons--these look fantastic!!! And lime green is my neutral, so that part is fabulous also. This one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kathy! Yes, the jumbo hexagons are the BEST...they stitch up so quickly. It was good to get them up on the wall.

      Happy Autumn to You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Love the way you've placed the flowers randomly on the background. It adds a lot to the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous! The colors, the size, everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too! Happy Colors are always FUN to work with.

      Love, Lu

      Delete