Friday, October 2, 2020

English Paper Piecing and Tractor Work...

 

In the evenings I have been doing

some hand stitching...


English Paper Piecing.....Hexagons





Batik Fabrics

















These are jumbo sized Hexagons:


They are very large and
the stitching goes quickly !




I spread them all out on the floor tonight
to see what colors I need...










The chair helps you realize
just how BIG these flowers are !



8:00 this morning:


The Cowboy is hooking implements up
to the John Deere tractor...





The ground has already been plowed and harrowed.
The roller packers are hooked up today.
They compact and press the soil down and
prepare it for seeding...



This is how I spent my day


Three implements 
stretched out behind the tractor...
Long Load for sure.
I tried very hard to turn tight corners and NOT
wipe out any of the fence posts.





The bulls kept me company all day.




This is Clive.

He is a Shorthorn Bull 

and clocks in at 2,000 pounds

Yes, he is a TON.


Enjoy the Video of Clive:

Be sure to click on the full screen icon



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

7 comments:

  1. That's going to be such a fun and happy quilt! Clive is an awesome specimen. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing the pic of your hand on the flower. Wow, that is a big block. That's my kind of English paper piecing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those big hexagons go so quickly! I am trying to decide on a background fabric?

      Many thanks for your comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Those big hexie flowers are going to make a beautiful quilt!! Clive is gorgeous! I'm amazed that all your cattle have names and you remember who is who!!! Smart to pull 3 implements at one time, but it definitely would make cornering a challenge. You are obviously quite the pro in that tractor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Clive is so handsome and oh so sweet and gentle. I am no pro at the tractor. The Cowboy taught me to run the tractors 18 years ago and I still feel like a beginner. I am always learning something new.

      Many Thanks for your always kind comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. What size are the hexie papers? Excited to see when all is done. I enjoy reading your blog...
    survivor972002@midco.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 3 inch hexagons. I purchase them from Paperpieces.com
      Here is the link: https://www.paperpieces.com/3-Hexagons
      They go in size all the way up to 8 inch, now that would be a giant flower!

      LuAnn

      Delete