Monday, January 14, 2019

Barn Lot Quilts.....Backings and Basting


It's been more than a month since I posted

my progress on the Barn Lot Quilt Series...



All 5 quilt tops have borders...





3 weeks ago I hand dyed backings for them...











Last week I attended a quilt retreat

and basted all 5 of the quilts:







Cotton Batting





505 Spray Baste




While hand dyeing backings, I made an extra one

for my sunflower quilt....BONUS!




Here are all of the quilts piled on the bed

basted and ready to go under the needle.

I have a January 26th deadline...eek!




During our Winter Quilters Retreat...

the cattle stopped by for a visit 

at the Quilt Palace




They cows kept us company while we stitched




I am at home now working in the Thread Shed.

I am machine quilting the Barn Lot quilts

on the Sweet Sixteen (Sit Down Long Arm).




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. Your backing is gorgeous!!! I'm looking forward to seeing all 6 quilts finished and ready for their photo-op!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....I am pleased with the way it turned out.

    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete