Sunday, January 20, 2019

Barn Lot Quilts....Quilting and Binding


I completed the machine quilting on 

3 of the Barn Lot Quilts



Trying to keep the quilting design masculine

is tough for me......I am a feather girl all the way.





I threw a few triangles in with the wavy lines

and finished up the quilting on Thursday...



I started the binding work on Friday:


I cobbled bindings together with leftover

border strips...




I like the way the 

quilting stands out in the borders

and blends in with the images 

and rust dyed fabric







As always, the quilting shows up

nicely on the backing fabric:


Today is Sunday...

I am hand stitching 2 more bindings

and 3 hanging sleeves.

I feel like I am coming into the home stretch!




You can watch Jamie Wallen in action with 


the flying geese rulers....CLICK HERE



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

6 comments:

  1. They look fabulous!! I love using multiple leftover fabrics in bindings - ties it to the quilt just that much more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you.....desperation is the mother of invention and good design!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Wow, beautiful quilts! I love the photos and rust dyed fabrics together. Your quilting just takes it all up several notches... wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your very kind comment. This was a good opportunity to incorporate some of my photographic images into a textile.

    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the barbwire type background fabric! How cool is that!!!! Perfect!!!! Kudo's to you for such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a very large rusty grate to rust dye the background fabric...it is one of my favorite found objects to rust, it always comes out great!

      Many Thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete