Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fantasy Fish....3



Let's make another Fantasy Fish...


Black and White Fabrics this time:


Red Fish











Black and White Circle Fabric makes great fish EYES.











Black and White and Red Fish




Let's audition the fish on background fabrics:


Background 1

I collect TEXT and NUMBER fabrics






Background 2








Background 3






Background 4






Background 5






Background 6






Background 7   






Background 8






Background 9






Background 10






Background 11






Background 12






Background 13






Background 14






Background 15






Background 16






Background 17






Background 18






Background 19






Background 20






Background 21






Background 22






Background 23






Background 24






Background 25




This next background is not working as far as color,

but I had a lot of FUN arranging the fish on all

the different swirls in the fabric....watch:































I wish I had this fabric in every color way it came in...

it is so versatile!




I am grasping at straws with the next few backgrounds:


Background 26

Vertical stripes background





Background 27

Horizontal stripes background






Background 28

Shiny Gold Home Dec Fabric





Background 29

Shiny Gold Background






Background 30

Shiny Gold Background....looks like fish scales


It may be tough to find the perfect background

fabric for the RED fish...





Three Fantasy Fish......so far





Here's a hint what color the next FISH will be...

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish


More To Come...








CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. I love your fantasy fish! Actually I love your blog. I want yo make some fish and wondered if you have the pattern for sale? Also, I teach spanish and would live to make the molas with my students but in paper firm any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I don't think I could audition that many fabrics in that many positions. Good luck on your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy,

    I am using a Susan Carlson book. I altered one of her fish patterns and made it my own. You can also purchase just a fish pattern from her for $5:
    http://www.susancarlson.com/Patterns.html

    As far as the Molas, yes they can be created on paper, probably easier than fabric. Start with a back background, then build your design on top. You can do a Google Images search for Molas……hundreds of Molas for inspiration there!

    Good Luck,

    LuAnn Kessi
    kessi@pioneer.net
    http://luannkessi.blogspot.com
    https://www.pinterest.com/luannkessi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! Thanks for sharing the extensive background choices. Very enjoyable to see directional changes of fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete