Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hexagon Text Quilt……Machine Quilting



Remember this quilt top?








Hexagon Text Quilt...







I began paper piecing it 2 years ago in Yellowstone Park:


Yes, we never leave home without…..GUNNR





I never travel without a Take-a-Long Quilt project:







I was visiting my son, while he worked in the park:







He was part of a a trout study on Yellowstone Lake:







I saw my very first Grizzly Bear that year in the park:









Lots of great memories come flooding back 

when I look at this quilt…



It is now under the needle









It took 1 year to hand piece it…

then it sat for a year waiting it's turn to be machine quilted.








I am quilting wavy lines across the surface.

My favorite guy has claimed this quilt, so I want 

to keep the quilting masculine to match the quilt.





I had FUN fussy cutting some of the hexagons:


I am originally from…..New Jersey







I attended lots of Yankee games in New York







I now live in…..Oregon








Yes, this quilt will always conjure up 

lots of memories for me...







The machine quilting is complete...







I will bind and label it today…….aaaah.







CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love this quilt. I love the warm, toastyness of it but it's made special by all the memories stitched into it.

Mary said...

Neat post and neat quilt!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Beautiful Quilt LuAnn! I like how you fussy cut the places that have memories for you to.

helen said...

Stunning with beautiful quilting!!
Best wishes!

Judy Cooper Textile Images said...

Very nice quilt! Thanks for sharing.

Ineke said...

Oh yes, I remember. Very very nice and the fabric is stunning.Sweet memories.

Karin Vail said...

I have never seen a longarm used w/o a quilting rack, interesting! I bet it's a lot easier to use than a standard sewing machine though! Love the quilt!

tubakk said...

I just found your blog, and I really love this quilt. I love hexies, and now I have to start a quilt like this, seriously. I have lots of brown scraps, and didn't know what to use them for, until now. Thank you!

carolegoldquilts said...

Yes, I remember this quilt! It's nice to see it finished and ready to keep your fella warm and cozy this winter.

OPQuilt said...

What a lovely journey this quilt has made, from inception in Yellowstone (a favorite park of mine) to the quilting and eventual gifting. I love quilts that have memories attached to them (which is why they either stay with me, or are gifted to someone I love), including past memories of cities you have lived in and loved.

So beautiful -- and the hexes are so perfect in the text! Love this!

Elizabeth
www.opquilt.com