Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Textile Painting & Wood Cutting...


It's that time of the year...

Wood Cutting Time!


Wood Splitter
This is my favorite wood cutting toy!





Brad cuts the wood into blocks, then I split it





Place the block on the platform





Lower the wedge down...





It splits the wood right in half...





It's fun.....and I like to use it!



A few hours later...

Firewood ready for the Wood Shed at home!



I still had some ambition when we got home from cutting wood, so I strolled out to the Thread Shed to work on some class samples...


I pulled out the Textile Paints and decided to try out a few new stencils...





The base is a commercial tree fabric
It was perfect for this...



I want to make a new quilted tote bag...


This PEACE sign fabric will make a great bag!

I used a facial sponge to apply the textile paint




This is a piece of painted sun dyed fabric I made last month...


Why not paint some more on it...





It needs more...





Trimmed and ready for borders





Auditioning Border Treatments
Too tired to do any more tonight...





The bed frames are working just right to keep the flowers away from the walk way

CLICK HERE to see more Bed Frames

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view a Slideshow of Textile Painting Class

CLICK HERE to read about Adventures in Art Quilting Series

CLICK HERE to view Classes

CLICK HERE to Class Samples


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

1 comment:

  1. You always have the best power tools.

    While in retrospect I can see the "there must be a tool for that," how things are actually done keeps surprising this city girl.

    ReplyDelete