Thursday, June 27, 2024

Hay Season...2024

 

Hay season has begun...



The Cowboy opened the gate into

the first hay field...





This is where I will be spending my day...





behind the wheel of the tractor

mowing hay...





After 4 or 5 hours, the field is half mowed down...





8 hours and the field is mowed,

I just have to mow out the corners...





The corners of a field are tight,

so you have to cut across the corners

which creates a half moon crescent shape of grass.

Then you go back and mow out the corners.





My last strip to mow down the middle.

9 hours of mowing...

I am dirty, tired and hungry and heading home.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


2 comments:

  1. That is a long day mowing!
    We have a lot of farms around us & see the hay drying in the fields.
    I love our state!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, Yes, it is a long day mowing, but that way the grass all dries at the same time. Also, the next day I can spend in the Thread Shed sewing. That gives me the ambition to get it all mowed in one day instead of two! There is always a method to my madness.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete