Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Pasture Management...


I won't be listening to the 

hum of my sewing machine today...



I will be listening to the roar of this

John Deere 4440 tractor...





Climb aboard and check out

the cockpit...





This is where I will spend the day...

that is an oh so comfy hydraulic seat !





This is a room with a view...





My mission today is to flatten out 

these mole hills...





The mole hills are big...





There are hundreds and hundreds of them

in the pastures and hay fields...





The implement attached to the back of the

tractor is called a "drag"





Here is a close up...

the drag is big and very, very heavy...





It is pulled behind the tractor and

drags over the mole hills

smashing them flat...





You can see on the left side of the image

that I have run the drag over that area

and the mole hills have been obliterated.





We will be cutting hay in this field this summer

and the mole hills will make the hay dirty

and they are also hard on our hay equipment.

By flattening them out we get better

quality hay and our fields are not full

of large bumpy mole hills.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi




2 comments:

  1. That was very interesting. There’s a lot of behind the scenes to ranch work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually enjoy dragging mole hills, it is kind of relaxing.
      Many Thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete