Thursday, April 11, 2024

Elsa...The Frozen Calf

 Remember Elsa the Frozen Calf ?



This is Elsa a year ago with her mama...





She froze the night she was born and we

thawed her out with a hairdryer...



Fast forward to today....a year later:


This is Elsa now weighing in at 1,000 lbs.




She is the biggest and best heifer in the herd.

I thought you might appreciate an update on Elsa.

You can click here to read her story.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


6 comments:

  1. Elsa turned into a big girl!
    I'm so glad you saved her.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsa is a real treat. We see her each day and appreciate that she is still here with us! She will be bred this summer and have her first baby next spring.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Elsa is really beautiful. Hard to believe she came into this world under such challenging circumstances and is now absolutely thriving. Lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsa is certainly big and beautiful. She repaid you well for your time with the hair dryer and watching her come back to life as a healthy calf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful each day I when I see her. So glad she was such a strong newborn calf and was able to bounce back.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete