Saturday, January 20, 2024

Moose Quilt...


This moose panel is my first project

in the New Year...


This is my first audition of fabrics...





The bull moose is actually purple...

I chose a light purple inner border

and the moose likes it.





Just for kicks I put a light green

border around as well...

nothing is sewn down yet.





I whittled down the auditioned fabrics

to include the greens and purples...





I decided against the two background fabrics

I originally auditioned and went with

these low volume fabrics...





I thought I would keep the color story simple...





I stitched together an 8 inch Sawtooth Star...





I thought it would be FUN

to put a 4 inch star in the center of the

 sawtooth...





Here is the double star cut out

on the design board...





I will alternate these two stars

around the border of the moose panel...





The 8 inch blocks seem size appropriate...





I am making more star blocks...

Full Speed Ahead !

















I will keep making stars

until the moose has had enough...





I left a double star all cut out

on the design board

just waiting for me to come back

and stitch it together...


More To Come !


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE to view my Panel Quilts


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

 



2 comments:

  1. This is going to be gorgeous!
    I am loving all of these panels that you make into wallhangings, so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete