Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Reflections of Autumn.....Quilt Top DONE


I started this quilt in November... 


Reflections of Autumn





This is what it looked like in December...

( It is my Monday project )





By January the quilt top was complete...




It wasn't big enough for the bed...


so I added 2 additional borders...






It now measures 90 x 90





My favorite part of this quilt is this

gorgeous wide border of leaves...





It is now February and I found this beautiful

gold backing fabric 108 x 108...

Machine quilting can begin !



We were able to get out and do some

traveling along the rugged Oregon Coast


Port Orford, Oregon





It was good to get away for a few days

before the cows begin calving soon.




The mama cows all have 

babies in their tummies.

The first baby is due February 22nd.


CLICK HERE to view all Reflections of Autumn posts


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. I saw this quilt hanging in a quilt shop in Plant City Florida. It was so beautiful. Loved the borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyn, Yes, this was a hard quilt to resist. I don't really need anymore bed quilts, but this one stole my heart! Happy Valentines Day!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Quilt top is BEAUTIFUL! So glad you had a few days 'off'!!! Well deserved for you and the Cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie! Looking forward to getting this one on the bed!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete