Saturday, July 9, 2022

Summer @ The Kessi Ranch 2022...

 The first week of July

and we are finally getting summer weather

here in Western Oregon



Foxgloves growing by the barn...





We are making round hay bales...





Roses and Peonies blooming by the front door...

There are baby tree swallows living in the

2 story bird house the Cowboy built for me.





The chickens scratching through the iris bed.

They eat all of the slugs and bugs...

great for the flowers!




The second hay field is mowed...

I am raking....the Cowboy is baling.






Round Bale





We moved the main cattle herd to new pasture

last evening...





They are in grass up to their eyeballs...

Lots of munching goin on !





First hay field all baled up...











Queen Anne's Lace growing along the fence...



Thread Shed...


In between hay fields,

I have been stitching in here...





I finished up the machine quilting on

this warm up piece I started a few weeks ago...






I had to see if I remembered how to

stitch a feather...





It took 5 bobbins and 5 hours of quilting...








It is a 1 yard piece of hand dyed fabric:


Vicki suggested I make a tote bag...

I think there is enough for two !








We are in the 3rd hay field:


I spent the day mowing...

if you look close you can see I am

down to the middle section of the field...



I am not alone:


A fledgling sparrow is keeping me company

on the fence post...





Bye For Now...

Happy Summer 2022 !


Enjoy the Hay Baling video below:


CLICK HERE to view all Improv posts


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

#LuAnnKessi



8 comments:

  1. I always love your blog posts; today’s was extra special. The photos are wonderful. The one with the two bales of behind the Queen Ann’s lace would make a beautiful poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janice for your very kind words!

      Much Appreciated,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. It's so beautiful on your ranch! Thank you for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and thank you for sharing your life on a day to day basis at your ranch as well as your art. I rarely comment but know, I am always thrilled when you post. thank you and hugs to you, your human family and your fur/feather family. ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Christina for such a heart felt comment. Much Appreciated!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. Just love seeing and hearing your voice and your farm life!!!! Love it! HArd work but what a life! Love the 'new baby bale'! HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie! Every time a bale comes out of the baler it gives birth!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete