Saturday, August 15, 2020

Form Fitted Face Masks....

 

Fabric Face Masks



The child masks are FUN to create...




Pink Batik Heart Masks




A few boy themed masks




Face Masks for Women...


It is fun to dig around in the fabric cupboards

for scraps big enough to create masks...




for all those Kitty Lovers out there...





and for the Chocolate lovers...





Pretty Batik Hearts





If the scrap fabrics were big enough...

I turned them into masks.


For the Guys:





Flames...





this fabric reminds me of a reptile...





For the Wildlife Lovers...

Grizzly Bears, Elk and Wolves



To encourage children to wear masks...


Parent and Child size matching masks...











It was a FUN ride mask making...

After 160 masks, I think I have mask burn out...

I am done for awhile.


I do not have a pattern or tutorial for my masks, however, below is a link to a mask making video that is very similar to the way I make mine.  I add a nose wire.  You can also iron fusible interfacing to the lining of the mask for added protection.


CLICK HERE for Mask Tutorial


CLICK HERE for Mask Patterns


CLICK HERE for Ear Elastic


CLICK HERE for Nose Wires



I am ready to get back to stitching

Improv Quilts.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Wow you did great! I have been making the rectangle ones but would like to try the fitted ones. Do you have a link to the pattern you used? Also, what did you use for the ties? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have included a link to a video tutorial, mask pattern, nose wires and ear elastics. Have FUN!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Those look awesome. I have some of that cat fabric I bought for my friend's daughter and made them both little heart day bags. Anyway, I understand the burnout. I made 100 at the beginning of this, and that was it. I recently bought one more for me and some disposable ones for both of us. However, I've been looking at this shape of mask. Can you share the pattern you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have included a link to a video tutorial, mask pattern, nose wires and ear elastics. Have FUN!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty, I am sure people would be proud to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful for you to do this!!!! And continue all your hard work on the farm as well! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie. It is FUN to see some of my favorite fabric scraps living a new life as face masks. I hand the masks out wherever I go, the gas station, grocery store, hair salon, etc. The sheep shearer was here last week and he was happy to have one of the flames masks....FUN!

      Enjoy your summer,
      LuAnn

      Delete