Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Machine Quilting......Rayon Threads


I decided to play with Rayon Threads today...



Rayon Thread





I made up a quick sandwich with some

of my purple hand dyed fabric...





This is about a half yard in size.

I am using fusible fleece for batting.





I am working on my Bernina Artista 200






I am using an 80/12 teflon coated needle.

The rayon thread is quilting out beautifully.






Nearly done and the thread has 

held up nicely....no shredding or breakage.





Robison-Anton Rayon Thread



This was so much fun,

I want to do more...


I am deciding on a second thread color

to do some over-stitching...




I will add a layer of 24 KT Gold

over the top of the previous stitching...





Oh, now I am getting excited !





I have always been partial to hyper-quilting...

also referred to as in-line quilting.






This is a before image 

with only the blue thread...






Here is the after image with the gold thread...






Almost done...





Yummy !





Makes my heart sing !





Rayon Threads...





I might just have to turn this practice sandwich

into a finished project.....hmmm.



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

4 comments: