Saturday, November 2, 2019

Dresden.....Extra Block


I finished up the Dresden Quilt Top

last week while I was in Idaho...



Dresden Quilt Top



I have developed a "good" habit of making 

an extra block when piecing a quilt top.



I made a quick quilt sandwich with batting

and played around some on the 

extra dresden block...





All of the negative space 

behind the dresden plate

and in the pink sashing 

just screamed for....FEATHERS !






The corners and center are cross hatched...





Large feather plumes on the dresden plate

and also surrounding the dresden plate 

in the background...





I quilted this block on the Bernina Artista 200.

I will use the HandiQuilter Sweet 16

for the actual quilt.




The quilt sandwich consists of 2 layers of batting:

Wool batting with cotton batting underneath.

This makes for very plump feathers !




On Monday I will get the Dresden Quilt basted

and ready to go under the needle.




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much Robbie! This is going to be a FUN one to get under the needle.

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. I have a Bernina Artista 200, but it was upgraded to a 700?? before I bought it. It is what I embroider all my labels with. Love how you can quilt with it! Your extra Dresden plate looks amazing and I can't wait to see what you do with the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the Bernina Artista 200. I obtained it from a friend a few years back. It free motion quilts like no other machine period. This is a large quilt so I will rely on the Sweet 16 for the machine quilting....so much room to spread out and do big feathers! As soon as I get it under the needle, I will share my progress with you.

      Many Thanks for your comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete