Friday, August 25, 2017

Yo Yo.......on the GO!



We are cleaning out the cow barns today



We feed the cattle here during the winter

and the spring calving season...





That amounts to 6 months of manure...





The cowboy is loading up the 

manure spreader.

This will be spread on the hay fields

to fertilize them for next year.





The bald eagle is keeping an eye on us

while he perches above the river

doing some fishing.






I have a lot of down time between jockeying

vehicles and tractors around today...

so I bring along a hand sewing project.





Yo Yos





I just started this project

and the yo yos are piling up...





thanks to this yo yo maker...





This makes short work of creating yo yos...





also easy on your wrists 

if you have carpal tunnel...






I use a double thread so it is strong

when I pull the yo yo tight...





Pulling the yo yo together...





Perfectly stitched yo yo....


There are lots of You Tube videos to show

you how to use the yo yo maker.





I stitched together a ziploc bag of yo yos

but now I need to go move some equipment

and open some gates...





I never leave home without a

take-along-project.

A stitch here....a stitch there...

before you know it,

you have a quilt done!






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. I love making yo-yo's what is your plan for sewing together...Thats always my downfall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,

    I own a vintage yo yo quilt created during the depression era. It is technically not a quilt, no batting or quilting stitches. The vintage quilt is becoming too fragile for every day use. I plan to create the same thing with my reproduction fabrics so that I can use it and enjoy it. I plan to make it big enough for our queen size bed.
    Many Thanks for your comment,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without our hand projects!!! Waste not, want not....even with our time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you recycle things on a farm - definitely a waste-not, want-not sort of mind set. And you aren't wasting your down time in the tractor either!

    ReplyDelete