Monday, March 6, 2017

Bright Batik Hexagons.....Border Treatment



Hexagon Quilt Top Progress Report:



Looking at and handling these bright batiks

has helped make this winter pass by quicker.

They make me happy just looking at them!




Last evening I began the border process:


These uneven edges will be straight

once the border is on...






I paper pieced partial hexagon shapes

to fit into the borders...





I had a lot of the dark pink fabric,

so it was the best choice for the border...






The half hexagon shapes will go on 2 borders...






The partial hexagon shapes will go on the

other 2 borders...






The quilt top measures 70 inches square.

More than 200 hexagons.

I have decided that is a healthy size lap quilt...

time to stitch on the borders.



This is where I hand stitch in the evenings:


If you look out the window...

snow is falling this morning.

If you look closely, you can see the

cow barns across the river.

We use the binoculars in the widow to check

on the cows and calves.





We are having a bit of a white out this morning...

The 2 big barns are where the

cows and calves are.






If you look close, just below each barn...

you can see a few of the cows outside.






The tulips in the planter out front

are getting a dusting of snow today.


Time to bundle up and head across

the river to check on the cattle...





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. Having grown up on a dairy farm, reading your blog is such fun. One summer I had 13 calves to feed after Daddy separated them from the mothers. Suck buckets didn't give like their mothers and often had me returning to the dairy for more milk. Such memories. Thank you for sharing. Seeing the snow in this post makes me enjoy our 62• here in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this quilt is just so lovely--I like that hot pink (looks like you could use some heat with all that snowfall lol) border...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hexagon quilt! It is very cheery, especially for the days you all are getting down there! We got some flurries early on in the evening and maybe some over night, but for the most part it went away by this morning. It's still very cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a perfect quilt to work on during winter.

    ReplyDelete