Monday, August 22, 2016

Snap Bag.....Apples 'n Pears



This is a print I created a couple weeks ago:


Jello Printing with apples, pears and lemons

on hand dyed fabric.




I layered the print with batting and backing

and machine quilted it today:


I wanted to keep the quilting organic and simple

to keep the focus on the fruit prints...






It is layered with 2 pieces of batting

so the fruit prints would pop up!









This is the back side:


I liked the back so much I entertained the idea of

making the back the front of the snap bag.....hmmm.





Since this is a class sample for a printing class

next month, I decided to keep the 

print on the outside:


I found a thermofax screen printed fabric

I made years ago and sewed it to the top

of the bag for the metal measure tape sleeve.










I just love how the fruit prints pop out

from the machine quilting.


I want to make another...








CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. The bag turned out so cute. The quilting really transformed the fruit fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice! always wondered how I would quilt when stamping fabric with fruit or veggies! This worked out perfect!!! As did you screen printed edge! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag , the fruit prints really make it special.

    ReplyDelete