Monday, August 22, 2016

Snap Bag.....Apples 'n Pears



This is a print I created a couple weeks ago:


Jello Printing with apples, pears and lemons

on hand dyed fabric.




I layered the print with batting and backing

and machine quilted it today:


I wanted to keep the quilting organic and simple

to keep the focus on the fruit prints...






It is layered with 2 pieces of batting

so the fruit prints would pop up!









This is the back side:


I liked the back so much I entertained the idea of

making the back the front of the snap bag.....hmmm.





Since this is a class sample for a printing class

next month, I decided to keep the 

print on the outside:


I found a thermofax screen printed fabric

I made years ago and sewed it to the top

of the bag for the metal measure tape sleeve.










I just love how the fruit prints pop out

from the machine quilting.


I want to make another...








CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

The bag turned out so cute. The quilting really transformed the fruit fabric.

Robbie said...

VERY nice! always wondered how I would quilt when stamping fabric with fruit or veggies! This worked out perfect!!! As did you screen printed edge! How cool!

allenquilts said...

That is too cool!

Ramblings from Randi the Wild Rose Quilter said...

That is too cool!

Sheila said...

What a great bag , the fruit prints really make it special.