Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dottie Baby Quilt.....Machine Quilting



Day Two...




The dots have been appliqued...

The edges of the quilt top are trimmed...







To applique the dots I used

Superior Threads Monopoly and a blind hem stitch

It barely shows...







The back side of the quilt top...

I trimmed out the background fabric 

and interfacing.








I trimmed this out because the small 

dots on the white background fabric

were showing through the front side.

It also puckered a bit on the big dots

on the front side because of the

interfacing.

It lays much flatter now and will be

easier to baste together.





The quilt is spray basted...


I found the lavender dot fabric for the backing...





Machine Quilting:


I free motion quilted a spiral in the pink dot...

Then I put on a walking foot for the rest

of the spiral.

It will be one big spiral across the quilt.







Walking Foot...







This is as far as I got today...

More to come~


CLICK HERE: Dottie Quilt Day 1


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

7 comments:

  1. It's really cute! Thanks for sharing. Love that quilting. Did you cut out the fabric behind the dots for any special reason or because you didn't want the weight of the fabric there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,

    Good Question.....I cut out the back of the applique dots for several reasons: The dotted background fabric showed up on the front side and could be seen under some of the lighter dots. The front side of the dots puckered just a bit and were stiff from the interfacing. Once the back was trimmed out the dots were flat and no more dots showed through. It was much easier to baste together and quilt through. I don't always trim away the back of the applique work, only when it is necessary.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, it is sooooo cute!
    I love your quilting!

    Greetings from Germany
    Susi Büntchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely fun quilt! I love all the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those are DOTS!!!!! Perfect!!! The quilting is "just what the doctor/quilter ordered!!!" LOL! The backing is awesomely wonderful!!!!! This is going to be so loved and used................ Dots & bubbles are so much fun and so happy!!!!! Hugs...................

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad we are all in agreement about this quilt! Yes, it is cute, which makes it even more FUN to work on. Thanks for all of your sweet comments.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete