Monday, May 27, 2013

Gone Fishing......Baby Quilt



I am invited to a baby shower.....in 5 days!



It is a boy baby....the family is into the outdoors...





I rummaged through the fabric cupboards and found

lots of fish fabrics I collected for my own boys

years and years ago....





No time to run out for additional fabrics...

I am using what I have.





Yesterday I put the quilt top together in a

log cabin or court house steps design....ish.



 Today it went under the needle:


It is all quilted, trimmed and ready for a binding...



Especially for baby quilts, I do a machine binding:


The Wonder Clips held the binding in place nicely...






The clips held the back of the binding securely,

while I top stitched from the top of the quilt.





The back of the binding is stitched by machine

and will hold up through many machine washings!





I pin the clips about in inch apart...

holds the binding in place perfectly.





Back side of quilt is wild life animals.





The label is sewn to the back side...





This was a very fast 2 day quilt......and it is DONE!

Gone Fishing




Gunnr is ready to leave the Thread Shed...

and go inside to sleep by the fire.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




Everyone was excited about the baby fish quilt!



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi





6 comments:

  1. What a great quilt. I'd do the same for a girl baby! Seeing your sweety 16 reminds me of where I initially saw your name. I really enjoy your blog.

    Gunnr looks like he has a pair of glasses in his mouth. I've grown quite fond of him in the past few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why we have a fabric stash! What a great baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shenyon,

    I appreciate your thoughtful comments and so does Gunnr.

    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! thanks for showing your binding process. I've seen the binding done that way bringing it to the front but I don't like how that looks. your way is awesum! will definitely do that the next time. cool wavy water over those fishies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how fast you got that together, and it's so cute!
    I love Gunnr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun baby quilt. I've got to learn to finish my own bindings by machine. So far I haven't been happy with my results.

    ReplyDelete