Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Portrait Quilt........Completed


This Portrait is going under the needle today...


Click Images to Enlarge:


I pulled out some of my favorite quilting threads:
Bottom Line by Superior Threads
Variations by YLI

The Thread Section of this blog
will explain more about these threads.




I have narrowed the thread choices down to these...





Bottom Line Black for her eyes.
Variations Teddy Brown for her hair.





Bottom Line Tan for her face and hands.





Robinson Anton 24 KT Gold Rayon
for the birds and flowers





YLI Variations Meadow Green for the background.





The portrait in the center of the quilt is sewn on top of the backing fabric.
It is not pieced into the green fabric.
I didn't want seams to distract from the thermofax printing on the green fabric.





To sew the portrait down on top of the green background,
I used a decorative stitch and green thread.





I am pleased with the quilting on the face...





I matched the thread colors as much as possible to the portrait.
From a distance the thread work is subtle.





As you get closer, you can appreciate the quilting stitches.
They create lots of texture and movement in the background.
I will finish this off with a Cord Bound Edge Treatment.





" Day Dreaming"
Portrait in Fabric
19 x 25 inches

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Beginner Portrait Quilt Class Information

CLICK HERE to view the earlier work done on this portrait

CLICK HERE to view Learning to Fly Portrait

CLICK HERE to view Cord Bound Edge Treatment Tutorial


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. Lovely - thanks for inspiring this novice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another great one! wish I lived on the west coast I would sooo be there for your class.

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete