Friday, June 29, 2012

Fabric Dyeing.....and Relaxing


This is the first day in two weeks our calendar is empty...

Ahhh......sweet, sweet freedom.



I am spending my morning with my hands in the fabric dyes...





I have dyes leftover from a workshop 2 weeks ago.
They have been waiting for me in the frig.



I also have a new to me microwave:


Our cousin dropped by this morning and brought this along.
I plan to run it through its paces and do some microwave dyeing.





The summer sink is set up in the yard,
The microwave, containers and dyes are ready to go...



I was concerned the fabric dyes may have weakened
and exhausted after 14 days in the frig....



The colors are vibrant and what I hoped for.





9 yards of mottled, solid colored, hand dyed fabrics.

I better get these in the washer and dryer!





This was the perfect day to be on the patio...





This is the first Star Lily to bloom this season




I am never alone when I am outside...


The yearling cattle are so interested in everything they see
in our yard...





They peer over the fence at me while I am dying fabrics...





Freckles, the Cow Mama, is in the background.

They are good company.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: The dyed fabrics

CLICK HERE to view: Microwave Dyeing

CLICK HERE to view: Cattle

CLICK HERE to view: Screen Printing


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment