Saturday, May 27, 2023

Cougar Quilt....Ta-Done !

 

I started designing this Cougar Panel

back in March...


I had FUN creating lots of different

sampler blocks as a border treatment...





The machine quilting is complete

and I am binding it today...





For machine bindings,  I clip ever inch

of the binding so it does not move

when I am stitching it in place...





I stitch in the ditch on the front side...






I included a hanging sleeve on the back,

so we can display it in our living room...

You can also see the back side of

the binding stitched down.





I just need to add a quilt label

on the back and it is ready to hang...











It feels good to get another quilt finished !





We have been busy moving the cattle

to summer pasture...





The new lilac is blooming this week...





The new iris bed is also blooming...





I dug these up last fall and moved them

from the front flower bed to the

back yard.





The newly planted Giant Allium are in bloom...




After 130 inches of rain last winter...

we are enjoying the sunshine 

and warmer weather.

Gets me motivated to get things done !


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! You are such a master with these panels. They intimidate me no end. Your quilting is beautiful. Is that free motion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, Many Thanks for your very kind comments....most appreciated. No, this is not my usual free motion quilting. I hired this one out for a bit of digital design, which I am so happy with.

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete