Saturday, December 5, 2020

Sewing Stiletto...

 One of my favorite must-have tools at

the sewing machine is a

Stiletto...


Here are a few I made out of turkey skewers:


I pawed through my bead boxes and found
beads with holes big enough to slip over
the turkey skewers...





E6000 Glue is the very BEST
for this application !






A dab of glue under the top and bottom beads
holds everything in place nicely...





Yes....Owl Stilettos

The metal bead caps under the owls
look like bird nests.

They come on a strand with 10 or 12 owls.




I plan to keep a new stiletto with each of
my sewing machines...





and...share the rest with 
my fellow sewing enthusiasts !






A Stiletto helps guide the fabric 
under the presser foot
as you sew a seam...





A Stiletto is handy to pull up 
the bobbin thread...






A Stiletto helps turn under the edges
of applique' work...

At the ironing board, it may keep you
from burning your fingers when you are
manipulating the fabric close to the iron's edge.



Each morning at sunrise we are greeted
by the bulls:


After a frosty cold night,
they are ready for breakfast...





Each bull weighs in at....2,000 pounds






They look forward to a visit from the Cowboy...






We have spent the last couple of weeks

rounding up the cow and calf pairs

and weaning the calves...

lots of bawling going on right about now !


Hard to believe,

the first calf is due in 81 days !


CLICK HERE to find out more about Stilettos


CLICK HERE to see more FARM posts


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

14 comments:

  1. When I first read the title of this post in my email, you had my curiosity. How much can you say about stilettos? You really put a smile on my face when I saw that clever way to make stillettos. Just making them could be addicting. Oh my, I will have to try that. I have one but it is just functional. I could use a few now that I see those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, Yes, they are so FUN and so addicting....you don't stop until you run out of turkey skewers!

      Many thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. LuAnn, What a great idea! I bought one of those little ones and it's okay, but love these big ones. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, I have always grabbed a tiny knitting needle, crochet hook, seam ripper, anything that would work as a stiletto. Now, it will be FUN to reach for one of these cute stilettos.

      Many thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. I made these for my sewing besties last year and love them. You reminded me though that I have an owl bead somewhere. Might be more in my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy, Oh yes....go find that owl bead, and maybe there will be other FUN beads with it! These are quite fun.

      Many Thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. I love my stiletto! Also, those pics of the cowboy are amazing! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite time of the day is when the morning sun burns off the fog in the hay fields. I love to see the cattle coming through the fog.

      Many Thanks for your Comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Joann Fabrics sells the owl beads. They come on a strand with several owl beads.

      Thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful idea and great gift!!! Hope I remember this post (I'll save it) next year. Thanks for sharing your great idea!!! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't wait for the holidays.....make them now....they are so FUN!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  7. How clever! I use my Apliquik forked tool for this work (but it is much more expensive). I love your charming trussing skewer substitution.

    ReplyDelete