Thursday, November 12, 2020

Orange Peel or Pumpkin Seed Quilt...

 

This design goes by several names

Orange Peel and Pumpkin Seed

are two of them...



I am attending an Oregon quilt retreat this week

I am starting a Pumpkin Seed quilt...





The seeds are piling up...






I used the Sizzix Big Shot Plus
to cut out the seed shapes...






The Sizzix made quick work of all
the curved cutting...






Time to play with the seeds
and different background squares...






Tomorrow I will cut and sew some

flying geese blocks

and add them to the design.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I made two of these as they are quite addictive to make. Enjoy the retreat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Your floral Orange Peel quilt is just beautiful.

      Many Thanks for your comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. question, do you have batting inside of the leaves> They look thick on the photos. Really like it. Looks addicting!Love the colors. And great way to cut lots of fabric. hope you share photos of the Retreat, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivian,
      No batting in the pumpkin seeds. They are sewn to interfacing then turned right side out. I had so much FUN at the retreat that I didn't have much time for taking photos.


      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. This is gong to be pretty!! Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the flying geese! Glad you had fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete