Monday, July 15, 2019

String Quilt.....Under the Needle


No Hay Fields today...



The RAIN ran us out of the hay fields...





Instead of tractor work...

I spent the day in the Thread Shed.





Once it dries out,

we will be back to the business of making hay.



I am machine quilting this quilt



I spent 10 hours on my Sweet Sixteen...

it is just as much FUN as operating a tractor!





First I mark a spine for the feather work...





I do have a fondness for the 

SewLine air erase pen.





The spine is marked...

now it is pedal to the metal.





I do love me some feathers!





The feathers filled 

the negative space nicely.





I quilted swirls in the pieced string section...

the dense swirl quilting 

helped push down that area

so the feathers pop up.




I am so close to being done...

maybe 2 or 3 more hours to finish.


We are sorting yearling cattle tomorrow,

so the quilt and the hay will have to wait.


I will post more images when this is finished.



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment