Thursday, January 5, 2017

New York Beauty...




I am in a New York State of Mind...



I put my crown on...

it is time to get serious and finish my

New York Beauty Quilt





My NYB fabrics have been living in this 

suitcase for several years...






I am foundation paper piecing 

the arc units...







Once the arc unit is paper pieced...

I remove the papers and piece the block together.






4 arc blocks create a 16 inch NYB block...












Just love all those crowns... 

pieced and ready to go!






It is wonderful to have a design wall nearby

to help with color placement as you work...












At this point...105 NYB blocks 

pieced and on the wall.

Now I need to cut the side setting triangles...






I have used this chart for many years

for cutting triangles.





Yesterday I cut all of the side triangles...

here they are on the design wall...


I will be piecing this bad girl together today!


More to come...









CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Omg, it is stunning. I have the patterns so must get to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My NYB has been hanging around too long. I need to get back to it, too. Yours is lovely with the floral background fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! That quilt and the colors are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The amazing colors, foundation paper-pieced crowns, suitcase stash - WOW! Those side crowns pull this stunning work of art all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gorgeous NY Beauty warmed me up on this cold day. What an exuberant quilt this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LuAnn, All I can say is OMG! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours, it's gorgeous. Your fabric selection is awesome, can you tell I just love it.

    ReplyDelete