Sunday, October 30, 2016

Quilt Retreat.......Idaho


Last week I was at an Oregon Quilt Retreat.


This week an Idaho Quilt Retreat...




This is my little green 185K Singer and

this is my view at the retreat...






This is the view of the lake out the window...






I brought along fused fabrics so I can

do some design work while I am here...






I also brought along fish printing supplies

so I can lead a class in printing while I am here...






Bags created with fish prints on fabric...



The students had a great time fish printing:











This is the room I share with my aunt...






This is a new composition I am starting...





I am creating a Melody Johnson design

as part of her Focus on Fusing class.






This is an eye I created with fused fabrics...






I am creating a background for the eye...











I added tiny confetti pieces in the background...






I plan to do some thread sketching on

this piece when I get home...





I enjoyed my time in Northern Idaho...






Time to head back to Oregon



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. That fish printing looks like a lot of fun...I have never done any fusing of fabric--how is it to hand needle through? When i make little quilts--which I will be doing after this last big one, I plan to hand quilt...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple hand stitches work fine on the fused quilts. I would not tend to do any extensive hand quilting, they are not intended for that type of stitching. Fused quilts are primarily art quilts and made to display on the wall. They go together rather quickly and are a great deal of FUN!

    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete