Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Inspiration for a New Quilt...




Sometimes I look back on some 

of my previous quilts 

for a bit of inspiration for my next quilt...



In 2008 I created this raw edge flower quilt

for my sister.






Quilt Label





I did some Back Art with the leftover fabrics.




This was so much FUN I made another one!


A raw edge heart quilt for my niece






Once washed, the quilt puckers up 

from shrinking...






the raw edges unravel...






it is yummy to cuddle up with!





Quilt Label....photo when she was 7 years...





10 years later.....graduating from high school.




In 2013 I made another raw edge quilt for our sweetie pie daughter in law:


Raw Edge Flowers






Even after making three....

these are still FUN to create!




I haven't made a raw edge quilt 

for quite some time.

I seemed to have enjoyed it...

I guess it is time to make another!




This raw edge quilt will be for a Baby Girl:


I went shopping in the Thread Shed cupboards...

This is as close as I could get to baby-ish fabrics.






Also in my cupboard, I found 3 yards of the 

white fabric w/dots 

for the background.

I cut a few raw edge hearts...





I have a game plan!

More tomorrow...







CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



No comments:

Post a Comment