Monday, October 19, 2015

Thickened Dye......Part 1



Last Thursday I printed with thickened dye...




Today I made the time to get them washed up:


This piece was scraped with a credit card 

then stamped with a cup





After batching for 3 days it is ready to rinse out...






When I pulled it off the print board...

check out the print directly under it:


I decided to remove the print board cover 

and process it as well.





When I pulled off the second print,

the print board itself was printed also...



1 print went through 3 layers of fabric...





This is the bottom layer.....





I cut the top off my print board so I could process it...









My print board is down to the batting layers...

I need to re-cover it with fabric,

but it is worth it!



Everything went into the washer and dryer:


Time to heat up the iron and get it pressed...



Here are the final fabrics:


1st layer print





2nd layer print





3rd layer print



Here are a few more fabrics created with thickened dye:


Printed, still wet....ready to batch




 I printed the screen with chartreuse green dye:


Here is the washed and dried fabric.......chartreuse green



Circle Screens......ready to print:



Here they are printed and ready to batch:



Here it is washed and dried:






Spirals created with a syringe...




Washed and dried fabric





Screen created with a syringe





Printed screen.....ready to batch




Fabric washed and dried


There's more......I will post them soon!






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

2 comments: