Saturday, June 20, 2026

Raking and Baling Hay...


Always be prepared... 


We were expecting 100 degree weather while

raking the 2nd hay field so...

The Cowboy brought out his secret weapon...

a beach umbrella !





It worked great on the open cab tractor !





It kept me shaded while I was raking...


 


The Cowboy baled the hay in the

John Deere, which has an amazing

A/C unit.....gets like a frig in there !





Here is a round bale that just 

hatched out the back of the round baler...





This baler is gigantic...

It is like standing inside an elevator





I raked and the Cowboy followed behind

baling up the hay...




We finished the field just as 

the sun was setting.....a beautiful evening.


I am hoping to listen to the hum

of my sewing machine soon

and have some images to share with you.


I have added lots of haying videos

to my instagram account


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


6 comments:

  1. That's a smart idea with the umbrella!
    The baler is too cool.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever you post about the life of your farm, I am in awe and appreciate all the hard work that goes into farm/ranch living. Thank you for your part in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Kathy. We love what we do, so it isn't work for us.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Missing days on the farm so love getting my 'fix' reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robbie, Good to hear from you again!
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete