Wednesday, June 17, 2026

Mowing the 2nd Hay Field...


This is a big hay field so...

we are cutting half the field today 


The Cowboy is mowing it in half,

he can drive in a straight line...

me, not so much !





The Cowboy is making some final

adjustments to the rake...



I am off and running:


This is what the field looks like

after I have mowed for a few hours...





After 6 or 7 hours I am getting

closer to the middle of the field...





Tractors don't turn tight corners,

so when I get to a corner I cut straight across, 

leaving a narrow strip of grass.

Then I go back and mow out the corners.





This is Polly with her new calf Pollyanna





Pollyanna will make a beautiful

replacement heifer next year.




The John Deere has excellent A/C

so I stay nice and comfortable while  mowing.


I have added lots of haying videos

to my instagram account


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Tinker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tinker! We are pecking away at it....should be done in a few weeks.
      Hugs,
      Lu

      Delete
  2. That's a huge field!
    Pollyanna is too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, Yes Pollyanna is a keeper. I was so excited the day she hit the ground. We don't get a lot of calves with color now that we are using black angus bulls.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete