Friday, April 18, 2014

Wildflowers Quilt.....Under the Needle



I've been finishing up the Wildflowers Quilt

in the Thread Shed...




Thread Shed.....Built in 2000







It is finally......under the needle







This quilt is all about these gorgeous Hoffman Florals







I am using gold thread that will blend...







I don't want the stitching competing with the fabrics...







I am quilting a leafy vine design...














The quilting shows up better on the back side...








Back of Wildflowers Quilt







Black.....Binding







Front and Back of Quilt...






Wildflowers Quilt





Here is just the man to model this quilt:


Gunnr






Promise him a treat...

and he'll do anything!




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt and quilting. I sure hope you enter a couple of these photos in the Pets on Quilts Show this summer, hosted by Lilypad Quilting. I think she hosts it in August.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gunnr doesn't look particularly happy but the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty finish. Those florals are lovely! Gunnr's expression is priceless! Looks like he's saying, "REALLY?! The things I do for you people!" He's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is beautiful! Did you design the quilt or was it a pattern. I have a lot of florals and would love to do something similar.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gunnr is saying that you betrayed him by posting him in that flowery quilt for the whole world to see!!!! He'll get'cha....watch out!!!! I love that backing as much as the front and the stitching is lovely! Spent quality time with my SS today, also!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No pattern......it is 9 patch blocks.......light 9 patch blocks in the center.........work your way out to dark 9 patch blocks on the outside edges.......then finish it off with a leafy botanical border fabric.

    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete