Friday, May 4, 2012

Class Prep......Raw Edge Flower Class


Next Monday, May 7th
I will be leading a class in Raw Edge Applique
for the Harlan Valley Quilters, Harlan, Oregon




I spent a few hours this past week
getting my class prep work done.





This is the pattern we are using:
French Roses





150 flower shapes and 200 leaves
cut out and ready for class.

Lime Greens, Turquois & Pinks



We will use a glue stick to temporarily hold the
flower shapes onto the background block.


Then we will use invisible thread to applique the flowers:


I prefer the polyester invisible threads over the nylon,
as they are not prone to melting when ironed or yellowing with age.



I have made this quilt a few times:


This is a lap quilt created from this pattern a few years ago.



Luckily...


I had a few extra blocks that didn't go into the quilt...




It saved me time.....I didn't have to create class sample blocks.





Time to load everything into the handy dandy pizza box...





Never leave home without your pizza box!





The Harlan Valley Quilters plan to donate this quilt to the
Women's Cancer Coalition
as a raffle quilt to raise funds for women's cancer programs.


I will post images of our class on Monday...


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: The Harlan Valley Quilters Blog

CLICK HERE to view: Raw Edge Flower Quilt

CLICK HERE to view: My Sweet Sixteen Long Arm Machine


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment