Sunday, January 16, 2011

Neocolor II Portraits......Suzy & Baby Goat


I am enjoying incorporating two of my passions:

Photography & Quilted Art


I continue to alter images in Photoshop and print them on fabric for the purpose of adding color with
Neocolor II crayons

My son's Jack Russell, Suzy
has become a common subject in my quilts.
I think because I have so many photographs of her.


Here is Suzy snuggled into a quilt.
This has been printed on 13 x 19 Fabric in Black & White






I normally start with the lightest color first, which was Suzy.
However, I was unsure of how to color her, so I started with the quilt.

Sometimes all you need to do is just start coloring...
You get comfortable with the colors...
You work intuitively...




Portions of this have been painted with the water solution and are vibrant.





This piece is now ready to be basted with batting and backing fabric.
I am anxious to get it to the sewing machine...




Last Spring I spent time down at the Goat Barn.

I took a lawn chair and my camera.

The bouncing baby goats kept me entertained for hours!



These big close up images work best for this Neocolor Technique.
This image has been altered in Photoshop, then printed on fabric.





Here is Baby Goat
Ready for Quilting...

CLICK HERE to view Baby Goat Quilted

CLICK HERE to view Photoshop Elements Tutorial

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view one of Suzy's Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Gunnr's Quilt

CLICK HERE to view A Day at the Goat Barn

CLICK HERE to view Cowboy Flavor


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full......of Portraits,
LuAnn

1 comment: