Sunday, September 11, 2011

Challenge Quilt 2011....Part 1


I belong to a tiny little quilt guild
The Harlan Valley Quilters
This year our Challenge Quilt Theme is...
SEASONS



Summer
is the season I have chosen for my challenge quilt this year.


Most of my quilts start with an inspiration...


Click Images to Enlarge:


The cover of this scrap book inspires me...
The COLORS grabbed my attention...
The Botanicals called to me...

This is the inspiration for my
2011 Challenge Quilt


How can I get this FEEL in fabric?

This scrapbook cover reminds me of the sun prints
I have been creating over the last 3 summers


Time to get out the paint brushes:


It is September and this is the last of our sunny days
here in Western Oregon,
so I better get to work...



I pulled out the Pebeo Setacolors:


I will try and use these wooden letters in the
sun printing process.




It didn't take long to fill up the back yard with
painted fabrics printing in the sunshine.




I am sticking with the 5 colors that appealed
to me on the scrap book cover




Botanicals and Wooden Letters
printing in the sun...




This is what the print looks like after the botanicals
and letters are removed.




Ferns Printing in the Sun




Printing in the Sun...




Fern Fabrics
after the ferns and letters are removed.




Sweet Gum Leaves printing in the sun...




Big Oak Leaves & Sweet Gum Leaves





Ferns....Oak, Alder & Maple Leaves











Queen Anne's Lace











17 Sun Prints drying on the clothesline

The scrap book cover was a great inspiration!





Botanicals...
after they have been removed from the painted fabrics.
Many times I press these in a book and re-use them.




Even Clean-Up is Colorful

It was a fun day and a great beginning to my
2011 Challenge Quilt.




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Challenge Quilt 2010

CLICK HERE to view Challenge Quilt 2009

CLICK HERE to view Challenge Quilt 2009 (I made two that year)

CLICK HERE to view all Sun Printing posts

CLICK HERE: Featured Quilter


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

4 comments:

  1. Really like the queen Anna lace print, and the letter blocks,too. Fun in the Oregon sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...thanks for showing some of the "process". Can't wait to see the final project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post and beautiful prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What vibrant colors, I think I need to shop for paints and give it a try. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete