Thursday, December 8, 2016

Ice Dyeing...



Here are the results of my recent

Ice Dyeing session...



This started out as a natural colored

canvas tote bag...





These canvas tote bags have been stored away

in the cupboard for quite awhile...

I think I originally purchased them to do some

stenciling on them.

I threw them into a 5 gallon bucket with ice

and sprinkled fiber reactive dye powder on them.






I layered them like a parfait...

tote bag, ice, dye powder...

one on top of the other until 

the bucket was filled.






I let them batch for a couple of days.

I am delighted with the results!







The magic happens when they are

all pressed nice and flat...













These will make great holiday gifts.




I had a couple of aprons in the cupboard:


I threw them in the ice dyeing bucket too...







Yum, Yum, Yummy!




I also had a few t-shirts hanging around:


The T-shirts ended up 

in the ice dye bucket as well...






I also layered them like lasagna in the bucket...














Lots of ice dyeing FUN!








CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. These are fun! It's too bad that turquoise dye doesn't like the cold environment. I'm never able to get a strong turquoise color but fuchsia absolutely loves the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy seeing your ice dyeing creations - all are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You are on an ice dyeing binge! What fun! I love how everything turned out! I still have it in the back of my mind to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try your parfait method with our recent, rare, snow fall. My first batch took on the lines of the shelving the fabric was resting on, to keep it out of the melted waste water and spoiled the whole thing. I guess the only rule would be to NOT use complimentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY! These are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete