Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Focus on Fusing.......Leaf Shapes


I am enrolled in Melody Johnson's






Our third homework assignment is to create

leaf shapes...



I am using my hand dyed fabrics 

in this class...























I decided to jump ahead in the assignments and

create a fused quilt...


I chose a color story I wanted to work with 

and  began building a composition...






I added units created in the previous lessons...






Fusing liberates you to create a composition

that you cannot easily make 

with a pieced design...





I added a 2 inch border of black all the way 

around so that I have fabric to do a 

wrapped edge treatment...






The top has been machine quilted....





Back Side of Quilt Top






On the right is Fast 2 Fuse which is used in the 

wrapped edge treatment.






The black border fabric has been fused 

to the back side of the Fast 2 Fuse...






Red hand dyed fabric 

has been fused to the back...






This is the completed quilt

15 x 15 inches

















I will post my homework 

as I complete it each week.




Every Friday Melody posts a 

new homework assignment.


 Melody is offering this as a FREE online class!



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


3 comments: