Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Raw Edge Baby Quilts.......DONE!



Day 6


I spent the morning cutting binding strips

from the leftover inner border fabrics...




When Ralph is involved...

my productivity at the sewing machine 

isn't what it could be!






Every now and then I need to move him off the

 quilt so I can stitch the bindings down.




I was lucky to have enough leftover fabric

for the bindings:


Quilt 1


The scrappy gray binding 

is just the right finish.




At this point the quilts have been

washed and dried twice...


They are so soft and oh so cuddly for a baby...






The raw edges washed up nicely...









Quilt 2








I always put a machine sewn binding 

on baby quilts.

Baby quilts get so much use and so many 

washings that a machine binding 

is the best choice.

I topstitch it from the top side 

with a decorative stitch.





I wish you could feel how 

soft and yummy these are!

















Creating baby quilts is good for the soul.






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

7 comments:

  1. Love the quilts. Such a fun idea to make it this way. Thanks for all the posts about the process.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby heart quilts are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely gorgeous! Finished up beautifully - they make we want to stroke the screen! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful. I have been reading your in process posts and love that technique. I should do a raw edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered the French Roses pattern after seeing yours and I can't wait to start pulling fabrics. Your baby quilts are just darling and are sure to be treasured for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THese came out great!! I will take note about using a decorative stitch for the binding...i like that idea...especially for baby quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete