Monday, June 27, 2016

Hay Season......#2 Field



Day 2 in the Hay Fields...


We are moving equipment this morning

2 miles up river to the 

next hay field to be mowed...






I am mowing the first shift...

the cowboy will come this evening 

and finish up the field.






Another day spent in a beautiful hay field...






Look real close in the center of this image...

see the red tractor on the far side of the field?






I am never alone in the hay fields...

buzzards, ravens and crows follow the tractor

in hopes of getting 

voles, moles, mice or snakes to eat.






The cowboy arrived and is finishing off the

 center of the field...






8 hours of mowing since this morning...






2 fields down......3 more to go!




I completed this pancake quilt in May:


I forgot to show you the final images...






This is my very first Quilt-As-You-Go project...

















CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. How many acres do you put in hay? 8 hours is a lot of work! Don't you just love the smell!!! I miss that!!! Quilt is QUITE nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, LuAnn. Lovely photos of your farm. Your quilt is delightful! best from Tunisia, nadia

    ReplyDelete