Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Inspiration......from my friend



When my Art Sisters get together 

our favorite activity is Show 'n Tell...




This is one of my Art Sisters.......Virginia.

She gave me my first lesson in hand dyeing fabric.

There's nothing like learning at the feet of the master.




We gathered together recently for a play day.

Virginia brought discharge projects for show 'n tell:


Virginia's quilt has discharged circles

as well as pieced circles.





Virginia's favorite surface design technique is

manipulating color...






Hand Dyed fabrics discharge beautifully...






Virginia applied Jacquard Discharge Paste

to her hand dyed fabrics

through a hand cut freezer paper stencil






A steam iron discharges the color out of the fabric






Virginia, the Discharge Queen......has done it again!



Thanks for the Inspiration Virginia.




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Well, if that doesn't echo the recent blood moon eclipse I don't know what does! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts and they so remind me of the solar eclipse we had a few nights ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the recent lunar eclipse! These are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool idea. I love how innovative your little group is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful discharge! I'm ready to try it soon. Did Virginia ask you not to use her last name? I hate to see her not get full credit for her work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Virginia used the Jacquard Discharge Paste had she colored it with dye powder or did she use it clear?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquard Discharge paste is a white liquid, about the consistency of elmer's glue. You apply the paste to the fabric, allow it to dry, then steam iron it to remove the color. No dye was added to the discharge paste in this process.

    LuAnn Kessi

    ReplyDelete