Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Machine Quilting......Overhead Projector




I recently discovered a new use for my

overhead projector...



to help me preview quilting designs on my quilt tops:




On the right is my sketch book

on the left is an overhead transparency 

printed on an inkjet printer







I placed the transparency on the overhead projector...






It projects onto the quilt top...






This gives me a preview of what the quilting

will look like....before I ever make a stitch!






Sketch Book on the bottom

Transparency film on the top







Projected onto the quilt top...






I will have FUN playing around with sketches

and transparencies until I am ready to

put this.....under the needle.






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! Too bad I don't have an over head projector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea! I've actually seen one or two at garage sales! Keep your eyes peeled folks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! Or a video projector, which is the more current equivalent :-)

    ReplyDelete