Saturday, October 4, 2014

Table Runners…….Part 2



The last two runners go under the needle today…












I pulled out my sketch book 

and found a design for this runner…









I haven't stitched out this design for awhile,

so I decided to practice on the dry erase board








The design is refreshed in my mind…..I am ready to roll









This is such a FUN design








I learned this design from Patsy Thompson








The stitching shows up on the back 

better than the front side…


I have turned off the lights so the natural light coming 

through the window can highlight the stitching.








4th Runner……DONE!





This is the last runner:



I need to stitch the backing and batting 

onto this before I can quilt it…


Sometimes batting can get kind of sticky 

when it is on the bed of the sewing machine…

I spray a coat of silicone on the machine bed 

and surrounding work tables…

The batting glides across effortlessly as I stitch.







I am stitching this from the back side of the runner…








It will be much easier to see where I am going 

on this red fabric…








Chubby Crayon……

always a favorite for marking the feather spine…








Front side of runner…














Back side of runner…








Piggy Back Feather Design…







This is the 5th and last table runner




Piggy Back Feather from my Sketch Book










Nothing left to do but give them away…

One less pile in the Thread Shed……aaah.







The kid goats have been weaned…








Gunnr tries to comfort them…








Gunnr is a poor substitute for a Goat Mama






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

7 comments:

  1. You are all set for Christmas! I especially love the quilting on #5.
    Gunnr is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tablecloth and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilting--an good sense of accomplishment, I'm sure!
    I just love your sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you "birth" these runners? I love that each one is done differently: you didn't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for showing your process and materials for quilting. I especially appreciate the tips on just how you practice first to train your mind to that particular design to quilt. Great results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is fantastic. Simply stunning. I have finally been inspired to start my own design sketch book. Now I see why you have have one!

    ReplyDelete